Who We Are
Welcome to Eatzi’s Market & Bakery, a European-style eatery where every day is another chance to indulge in great chef-crafted meals!
We make the food you’ve eaten your whole life and the food you’ve never tried before, with the help of a team committed to superb service and quality. Every day, our culinary chefs whip up hundreds of scratch-made dishes from our vast collection of over 4,000 proprietary recipes! Enjoy made-to-order omelets, pasta, grilled salmon, custom salads and sandwiches, freshly prepared sushi, and our famous mac ‘n cheese--just to name a few.
Dozens of fresh-baked bread varieties also grace our shelves, along with flowers, wine, craft beer, fresh produce, and delicious made-from-scratch packaged meals. We’re your go-to for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and everything in between!
Our atmosphere is intimate but casual, so we make it easy to select and savor exactly what you’re craving. Whether in one of our six markets or in the comfort of your home, once you’ve had Eatzi’s, you can never get enough!
Our Leadership Team
Philip J. Romano is an investor, entrepreneur, artist, and nationally-renowned restaurateur. Involved in the restaurant business for over forty years, Romano has created over twenty-five concepts, including Fuddruckers, Romano’s Macaroni Grill, Spageddies, Cozymel’s, Rudy’s Country Store and BBQ, and Eatzi’s Market & Bakery.
Some of his many awards and accomplishments include the following:
- Dallas Human Relations Award – AJC Global Jewish Advocacy – 2012
- Texas Business Hall of Fame Inductee – 2009
- Dallas Business Hall of Fame Inductee – 2006
- Industry Leader of the Year Tastemaker Award – Greater Dallas Restaurant Association – 2002
- Civic/Community Service Tastemaker Award – Greater Dallas Restaurant Association – 2001
- Top 20 Restaurateurs – Nation’s Restaurant News – 2000
- Great American Restaurateur – Sullivan College – 1998
- Top 100 innovative and inspiring marketers who have most successfully established or repositioned a brand – Ad Age Marketing 100 – 1997
- Trendsetter Award – FCSI – 1996
- Hot Concept of the Year for Eatzi’s Market & Bakery – Nation’s Restaurant News – 1996
- Innovator of the Year – Nation’s Restaurant News – 1995
- Hot Concept of the Year for Cozymel’s – Nation’s Restaurant News – 1995
Romano currently owns and operates the following restaurant concepts: Eatzi’s Market & Bakery, Nick & Sam’s Steak & Fish House, Nick & Sam’s Grill, and Coal Vines Pizza. He and his family established a charitable foundation, Hunger Busters, which provides food to the hungry and serves over 160,000 hungry schoolchildren in Dallas. Romano currently serves on the board of the Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University.
Romano has recently created Trinity Groves, a 90-acre dining and retail district at the foot of the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge in Dallas.
Central to the Trinity Groves project is the Restaurant Concept Incubator program, which encourages chefs and restaurateurs to create and present unique restaurant concepts to a team of experienced restaurateurs, who will then support them to bring their ideas to reality. Several restaurant concepts are currently open for business in spaces that were formerly industrial warehouses. These warehouses have since been rehabilitated and adapted to house these opportunities.
Chief Executive Officer
Adam Romo, CEO of Eatzi’s Market & Bakery, is a seasoned financial executive with more than 25 years of experience in the retail and restaurant industries. Throughout this career, he has held leadership roles with both established, multi-billion dollar companies and emerging, growth brands.
Upon graduating from the University of Texas at Austin, Romo began his career with KPMG LLP, an international accounting firm, ultimately specializing in its Retail Practice Group. After seven years in public accounting, Romo joined Brinker International where he worked with world-class leaders such as Norman Brinker, Phil Romano, and Doug Brooks. There he held a series of financial leadership positions for national restaurant brands such as Chili’s Grill & Bar and Romano’s Macaroni Grill.
In 1996, Romo joined Phil Romano as the CFO of Eatzi’s Market & Bakery. After three years with the brand, Romo moved to Los Angeles to work for a pre-IPO multimedia technology start-up. In May 2011, Romo joined Eatzi’s once again, this time to lead the company’s strategic expansion efforts as CEO. Since then, he has been instrumental in the growth and success of the concept. As a result, the company opened its sixth store in October 2017. In today’s data-driven economy, Romo credits his strong financial and analytical foundation as a key contributor to the company’s success.
Recognized for his success with the Eatzi’s brand, Romo’s many awards, accomplishments and acknowledgements include:
- The Power List: Reader Picks – Nation’s Restaurant News – 2020
- Most Influential Restaurant CEOs in the Country – Nation’s Restaurant News – 2020
- Dallas 500 Honoree – D CEO – 2019
- Reader Picks: Restaurant CEOs – Nation’s Restaurant News – 2019
- Lifestyle Executives You Need to Know in North Texas – Dallas Business Journal – 2018
- Most Admired CEO – Dallas Business Journal – 2018
- Reader Picks: Power List – Nation’s Restaurant News – 2017
- Most Powerful People in Food Service – Nation’s Restaurant News – 2015
Passionate about fighting hunger, Romo currently serves on the board of directors for Hunger Busters, a charitable organization committed to feeding local children in need.